If you are using the Frontier Internet service, you should enjoy high-speed internet. But due to some reasons, the service might become annoyingly slow.
Luckily, there are settings by which you can solve this issue. But to get started, you will have to adjust some settings on the router.
Would you like to enhance the speed on the Frontier router? If yes, then you can check this article for the best ways of adjusting this device. Now let’s get started.
Frontier Router Settings for Best Speed
Here are the best settings for adjusting your Frontier router. But before using our settings, we suggest you check the Frontier website for tips for setting your router.
1. Restart the Device
According to the Frontier website, the service offers Eero routers with its data plans. So if these devices have a slow connection, you can restart them with the following methods:
With a hard reset:
- Look for the Reset Button on the Eero Router
- Hit the Reset Button
- Continue holding the button for 15 seconds
- Allow the LED status light to turn red
- Release the button
- Allow the Eeros router to flash a blue light
With a soft reset:
- Find the Reset button on the Eero router
- Hit the Reset button for 5 – 10 seconds or until the router LED turns yellow
- Allow the LED light to become white
With the Eero app:
- Launch the Eero app on your device
- Click the Home tab on the dashboard
- Navigate to the center of the screen and click the Online Status
- Select the Eero that you would like to reboot
- Choose the Eero router ( connected to the Frontier network)
- Scroll to the Options Menu
- Navigate to Reset –
- Press the Restart Euro tab
2. Use a Power Cycle
By using a power cycle, you can enhance the speed of your Frontier connection. To get the expected results, you should try this method with the following steps:
- Remove the Eero router from the power source
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Replug the Eero router back into the wall outlet
- Test the speed of your connection via a speed test or opening web pages
3. Cut Out Some Connected Devices
Do you have tons of devices connected to your Frontier router? If yes, then you might have to endure hours of painfully slow Internet. Luckily, you can solve this issue by cutting out the number of items that use your data connection.
One of the ideal ways of performing this task involves blocking out hackers with a Wifi password. To get a new password on the Eero app ( connected to the Frontier Internet)
- Open the Eero app on your connected device
- Click the Setting icon on the interface of the Eero app
- Hit the Wifi Password tab
- Click on the Wifi Password option
- Type in your preferred password in the provided fields.
4. Stay Away from Interference
As you set up the Eero router for a Frontier connection, keep away from items that might interfere with the connection. These devices include wireless cameras, baby monitors, mobile phones, and microwaves. If you cannot remove these items away from the router, turn them off.
5. Contact the Frontier Customer Service
Does your Frontier internet still feel slow? Then it might be time to contact the service provider. After all, this platform offers a service for handling any problems including slow internet. To reach the Frontier service center, head to the Contact Us section of its official website.
How Can I Boost My Frontier Router WiFi Speed?
Here are some simple ways by which you can increase your Frontier Internet speed:
1. Change the Placement of the Router
As you use the router for your Frontier network, place it at the top of a table, nightstand, or even bookshelf. Also ensure that the router isn’t placed close to walls, fish tanks, or large home or office appliances.
2. Reduce the Number of Devices Connected to the Network
Having tons of smart devices connected to your Frontier network can be a bad idea. After all, such a number of devices tends to consume much bandwidth leading to slower internet. But you can enhance the speed by registering selected devices or even blocking out hackers.
3. Upgrade to a Faster Internet Plan
Sometimes, a new internet plan might be the answer to your slow problems. But instead of choosing any plan, go for something that promises faster internet speeds. If you are not sure of the right plan to use, contact a Frontier rep for advice.
Why is Frontier Throttling My Internet?
There are two reasons why the Frontier service might be throttling your internet. First, the high network traffic can push the ISP to throttle the data connection. Next, you might have burned through your data cap thereby making the ISP throttle your internet speed.
What is the Fastest Frontier Internet Speed?
According to its website, Frontier offers download speeds of up to 846 to 940 Mbps. As for upload speeds, the ISP promises 792 to 880 Mbps.