Since its launch, the Cub Cadet Riding Mower has been a favorite amongst many homeowners. Asides from being a tough tool, it has enough features to keep your grass well-trimmed.
One such feature is the cutting height settings. If you choose the right parameters, you can cut the grass properly. But if you pick the wrong values, your lawn might look terrible.
With a guide, you can get the right height for your Cub Cadet mower. If you can’t find one, go through this article and learn all you need to know about using the product. Besides, we have also offered some extra tips for cutting your lawn properly.
Cub Cadet Mower Height Settings
Here are the ideal settings for using the Cub Cadet Mower. Although this article is well-researched, we suggest that you use it only for educational purposes.
How Do You Adjust the Height of a Cub Cadet?
If you want to adjust the height of the Cub Cadet, you can use the following steps:
- Wear a set of gloves
- Use the PTO switch to engage the clutch
- Push the control switch to the Fast position
- Get on the seat of the lawnmower
- Push the pedal on the lawnmower
- Turn the Height Deck Lift handle until you get your desired height
What Height Should a Riding Lawn Mower be set at?
Before cutting the lawn, make sure the riding lawnmower is set between 3.25 – 4 inches. At this height, you can trim the lawn properly without worrying about scalping.
Cub Cadet Mower Deck Problems
Even if the Cub Cadet Mower is well-designed, it tends to have a few problems. These issues might include:
- Excessive Vibration
As you use the mower, you might notice some vibrations on the deck. Sometimes, this issue is caused by a loose or damaged cutting blade.
- Uneven Cut
Does your mower deck offer uneven cuts? If yes, then the mower might not be properly balanced. To avoid this issue, perform side-to-side adjustments or work on the pressure of the tires.
Cub Cadet Deck Too Low
If the deck of your Cub Cadet mower feels too low, then there is a high chance of scalping your lawn. However, you can steer clear of this issue by raising the deck by some inches.
To make the deck level :
- Wear a pair of gloves
- Turn off the mower and park it on a level surface
- Remove the keys and the spark ignition wire
- Move the deck lift lever to the middle position
- Head to the discharge chute and turn the blade until it stays parallel to the mower
- Check the Cub Cadet manual for the correct height between the front and back tips of the blade
- Measure the distance of the front blade tip to the ground
- Go to the deck hanger rod and loosen the hex lock nut
- Tighten the inner hex nut to raise the front deck to your preferred height
- Tighten the hex lock nut
- Return to the discharge chute and turn the blade perpendicular to the lawn mower
- Measure the height of the blade to the ground
- Go to the left hanger bracket
- Raise the deck by unscrewing the hex bolt
- Check if both blade tips are of the same distance to the ground
- Tighten the hex bolt to secure the setting
- Connect the spark plug back into the engine
Why is My Cub Cadet Cutting Uneven?
Here are some reasons why your Cub Cadet mower might be offering uneven cuts:
- Poor Tire Pressure
If your tires are not well inflated, then the deck will not stay level on the lawn. As a result, the blades will not cut the grass evenly.
- Damaged Blades
With worn-out or dull blades, your lawnmower will have issues with cutting the grass properly. If your blades are in this condition, you might have to sharpen or replace them.
- Damaged Deck Hangers
With a damaged deck hanger, the deck will be out-of-balance. In this position, the lawn mower will have a hard time cutting the grass properly.
Is Cub Cadet a Good Brand?
According to reviews, Cub Cadet comes as a top brand that offers an impressive selection of lawnmowers. As expected, these items come with varying features for keeping your lawn well-trimmed.
What is the Best Height to Cut Grass in the Summer?
If you want to look for the ideal height for trimming your grass in the summer, you will have to consider the type of grass. For instance, perennial ryegrass is best left at 4 inches while cynodon should be cut to 2 – 2.5 inches.
How Do You Measure Lawn Height?
Would you like to know if your lawn is too high for your mower? If yes, then you will have to measure the grass to find the actual height of the lawn. To perform this task, get a tape rule and measure from the ground to the top of the blade of grass.