There are many reasons why you might have gotten a Troy Bilt Mower. But despite your motives, everyone sees this tool as a price-friendly way to trim your grass.
Asides from being affordable, the Troy Bit Mower offers settings for adjusting cutting height. However, if you select the wrong parameters, the garden tool will not offer the best results.
Is there any need to become a master gardener before tuning the Troy Bilt? Well, no – after all, you can use this article to learn everything you need to know about adjusting the mower.
Troy Bilt Mower Height Settings Guide
Here are the settings for using the Tory Bilt Mower. Asides from showing these parameters, we will offer some tips for getting the best results from the product. Although this article is well-researched, we suggest that you check the official Troy Bilt website for detailed information.
Troy-Bilt TB160 height settings
If you want to change the height on the Troy Bilt TB160, you will have to move the lever along the markings 1- 6. Unlike other mowers that show the actual measurements to use, the markings can be confusing. Now here is a guide that shows the gear marking and corresponding height.
|Adjustment Lever Marking||Actual Measurements ( inches)|
As you change the height settings, you might have to consider the type of grass that you want to cut. For instance, if you want to mow Bermuda grass or Zoryiass grass, push the lever to 1 or 2. But if you want to mow a lawn with Kentucky Blue Grass, choose 3 or 4.
What is the Height Setting of a Troy Bilt tb110?
On the Troy Bilt, you will have height settings between 0.75 – 2.5 inches.
How Do You Adjust the Height on a Troy Bilt Mower?
If you want to adjust the height of models such as the Troy Bite Flex, you will have to change the height of the deck and wheels. To perform this task:
- Go to the left side of the mower
- Move the lever to your preferred height setting
- Place a piece of wood under the deck to raise the mower
- Head to the wheel and move it to the same setting as the lever.
If you want to set the height for a Troy Bilt Riding Mower,
- Park the mower on a flat surface
- Shut off the engine and allow it cool
- Remove the mower key from the ignition
- Unplug the spark plug wire
- Push the parking brake lever forward
- Move the deck lift lever to the middle position
- Use gloved hands to open the discharge chute
- Rotate the blade until it stays parallel to the discharge chute
- Use a measuring tape to measure from the frontal blade tip to the ground
- Use the same tape to measure the back blade tip to the ground
- Tighten/ loosen the hex nut to raise/lower the front part of the deck
- Head to the discharge chute and move the position of the blade perpendicular to the deck
- Check the owner’s manual for the ideal height settings
- Measure the distance of both blade tips from the height of the ground
- Head to the left hanger bracket and unscrew the hex bolt
- Use a set of pliers to turn the adjustment gear until the blades are level
- Screw back the hex bolt to save the height setting
- Connect the spark plug ignition wire back to its original position
What Is the Cutting Height of a Troy Bilt?
The Troy Bilt mower offers cutting heights of 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches. To adjust the height setting, you should use the featured adjustable lever.
What is the Cutting Height of a Tb30r?
The cutting height of the tb30r is 1.5 – 4 inches. As expected, this model has features for changing the cutting height.
How High Should A Lawn Mower Be for the First Cut?
If you want to trim your lawn for the first time, allow the mower to stay at a height of 3 inches. By using this setting, you can help the soil get the required warmth from the sun.
What Happens if the Grass is Too Short?
By cutting the grass too low, you will be exposing the soil to excess sunlight. As a result, you will end up with a weaker-looking lawn.
Is Tall Grass Hard to Cut?
Yes, cutting tall grass can be a difficult task. But if you want to reduce the stress, make sure the grass is dry before cutting slowly.
Is 6 inches too Tall for Grass?
Yes, grass of this height is considered too tall for cutting. If left at this length, your lawn can experience thinning, disease, and pest attacks.